Sign-up for Hot Lunches now! First Hot Lunch is September 21st. Visit the site here.
Please join us for our Meet the Staff Evening on Thursday, September 20th. Classrooms will be open for drop-ins between 6:30 – 7:00 pm. There will be a presentation made between 7:00 – 7:30 pm outside on the basketball court (in the gym if weather is poor). We hope to see you on the 20th!
Dear Sangster Parents and Guardians,
One week until the new school year begins! I hope you have all had a wonderful summer. The Sangster staff are excited for the coming year and looking forward to seeing all of the returning students and the new additions to our school!
A few reminders going into September:
- School day schedule
- 8:40 first bell to line up outside
- 8:45 classes begin
- 10:15 – 10:30 recess
- 11:45 – 12:45 lunch
- 2:53 end of day
- September 4th – First Day of school (except kindergarten). This is a half day with dismissal at 11:53 AM. Please remind your child to line up as they did for last year’s class. They will be with their previous year’s teacher for the start of the week.
- September 5th – Full day. Whole School Beach Day at Esquimalt Lagoon. Please ensure your child has a packed lunch, water, snacks, and appropriate clothing including a hat.
- September 6th – students may be assigned to new classes or this may occur on Friday
- September 7th – Kindergarten and Nature Kindergarten interviews
- September 10th –Kindergarten begins
- September 15th – PAC Bottle Drive from 9 am – 1 pm in Sangster parking lot. Please come out to volunteer and bring your bottles!
- September 17th – Non-instructional Day (no school for students)
- September 28th – Terry Fox Run (tentatively booked)
Principal, Sangster Elementary
As part of Sangster Elementary’s participation in the Active and Safe Routes to School program, the Capital Regional District is offering a free Family Cycling course at the school on Saturday April 14 from 9-noon. If you and your family are interested in participating, please register at https://www.civicinfo.bc.ca/event/2018/CRD-StreetWise or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please see the attached flyer for more information.
Thank-you to everyone who came to support our students at the Christmas concert. I think we can all agree they did an absolutely tremendous job of it!
As usual, I recorded the concert (audio only) . Please note that due to SD62 privacy regulations, I am unable to share the narration parts online.
Merry Christmas, and best wishes for a happy and healthy new year!
For volunteers working with students or driving students..a Volunteer Driver and Criminal Record Check (CRC) form must be filled out.
Please leave your dogs and all other furry friends at home. Many children are frightened of animals and even the best behaved animal, can turn on a child in an instant. We appreciate your cooperation