One month into the school year already! We had a great September at Sangster, with a new format of monthly assemblies and the introduction of our monthly themes which follow the Seven Sacred Teachings of Indigenous cultures. Among other activities, we had a special guest performance by Teddy Anderson and celebrated Terry Fox with our running event and fundraising. The staff and I are looking forward to October’s learning opportunities and cultural events! Below are important October and early November dates.
- October 1st – Celebrating Orange Shirt Day (official date Sunday, Sept. 30th)
- October 3rd – District Cross Country Running event after school
- October 5th – Hot lunch
- October 8th – Thanksgiving holiday
- October 9th – Photo Day (individual students and staff)
- October 11th – PAC Meeting at 6:30 (childcare provided)
- October 18th – Great BC Shakeout Earthquake Drill at 10:00
- October 19th – Non-instructional Day (no school for students)
- October 26th – Hot Lunch
- October 30th – Halloween Safety Assembly
- October 31st – Halloween Dance at 1:00 (parents invited to join!)
- November 8th – PAC Meeting at 6:30 (childcare provided)
- November 9th – Remembrance Day Ceremony at 10:30
Get the Sangster App for School Notifications and Dates:
- Download at the “App Store” or “Google Play.” Search for “Sangster.” It’s free! Or visit the website at sangsterelementary.appazur.com
- Tap the menu button and sign-up
- Tap “Classes” in the menu, then tap the gear to select your classes (please note – not all teachers will be using the app, but the school will use it to send out whole-school notifications)
- Tap “Groups” in the menu, then tap the gear to select your clubs and teams
- In the menu, tap the gear with your name next to it, and pick how you want to receive notifications.
- If you have not provided the school with a Comfort Kit for emergency situations, please do ASAP. Kits have been organized and stored in the emergency container. We will be placing any additional kits into the container on Friday, October 5th so please meet that deadline so your child has a little something from home in the event of a longer-term emergency situation.
- With Halloween coming up, just a reminder that students are asked not to wear masks as part of the costume at school. Thank you!
A BIG Thank You to:
- PAC members, parents, and staff who participated in the PAC Bottle Drive
- Cross Country Running Team coaches Kathy Henderson and Lisa Lockerbie
- District Cross Country event organizer Lorraine Van Dyk
Have a wonderful October!